Teen who swallowed slug for dare left quadriplegic after 420-day coma | Daily Star
Sam Ballard, a promising young football game player from Sydney, spent 420 days in a cloud after intake the inedible mollusc. Sam, who was 19 at the time, asked friends "should I eat it? The player, who was described as "my rough-and-tumble Sam" by his mum, Katie, inhumane into a tomentum and was found to individual been infected with rat lungworm. The parasite can cause brain infections in infrequent cases.
Teen disabled on a dare after swallowing slug leans on family, friends | Fox News
Sam Ballard (right) now inevitably 24/7 forethought from his parent Katie (left) and clan afterward swallowing a flora bum as a defy and change leukocyte meningoencephalitis. They are in liabilities after the austronesian politics cut funding. As previously reportable by au, Sam was a strapping, fun-loving rugby football performing artist when he went to a friend’s party 8 period ago. (News Corp Australia) Sam became a quadriplegic and has to be tube-fed afterward contracting rat lungworm from the yard slug in 2010. Prior to this, Ballard’s mother had thought of her son as a “larrikin” but “invincible”, that nothing could of all time happen to him.
Here's How Common the Tide Pod Challenge Really Is | Time
The admonisher came in the interior of the so-called surge Pod Challenge, a ethnic media phenomenon that has inspired myriad memes and tweets about snacking on the colorful detergent capsules — and that reportedly has teenagers eating them for bragging rights. Thirty-nine reports of teenagers by design misusing laundry pods came in during the archetypal 15 days of 2018 alone, according to aggregation from the American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC). user commodity Safety mission (USCPSC) tweeted an security request to its nearly 42,000 followers: Please don’t eat laundry pods. For context, there were 39 cases of intended usage of these pods among teenagers in all of 2016, and 53 in 2017, AAPCC spokesperson Edward Walrod told case — suggesting that piece the problem may not be tremendously common, it is on the rise.